PAGES

CHOCOLATE-Y GOODNESS CAKE WITH GANACHE!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Monday folks....and happy August! Can you believe it? August already?! I've had chocolate cake on the mind for awhile now....and I had to make a chocolate cake recipe of my own making. To be honest, I was worried about complete and utter diaster when creating this. I have made many of my own recipes- but never attempted my own cake recipe.

So.....I stepped out in faith and it was a huge success. I loved it and so did my husband (and he is VERY picky about chocolate cake!). I am more than happy to share the recipe with you all....

NOTE: Next time I'd like to make this truly vegan and add no eggs. If you do sub something else for eggs- let me know how it goes! Flaxseed meal is a great substitute.


CHOCOLATE-Y GOODNESS CAKE

1 cup Organic brown sugar
1/2 cup Organic Cane Sugar
4 TBLS Organic Coconut Oil (I used unrefined- but you can use either)
2oz Organic Dark Chocolate (you can sub vegan chocolate)
2 Organic Eggs
1/2 cup Fair Trade Coffee
1/2  cup Organic Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
2 cups Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
3/4 cup Fair Trade Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Sea Salt

CHOCOLATE-COCONUT GANACHE

4oz Organic Dark Chocolate (I used 60%)
1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
 
Grab a large bowl and combine the sugars and the eggs. Next, take the dark chocolate and coconut oil and warm in the microwave for about 45 seconds and stir the chocolate until it's melted and smooth. Add in the batter along with the vanilla extract and combine.

In a separate bowl, combine and mix all dry ingredients- flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder, & salt. Alternate dry ingredients with wet ingredients in bowl until batter is smooth. Pour in greased (with coconut oil) 9x13 pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 35 min. Check with a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack for @ least 30 minutes before adding on ganache.

For Chocolate ganache- simply melt the chocolate and oil in microwave for 1-2 min and continually stir and pour it over cake. Sprinkle with cocoa and serve!! YUMNESS guaranteed!

Peace, Love, Joy

Courtney 











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design